The instructions include:
- logging in and registration
- selection of loading space
- adding axle loads
- management of several semi-trailers
- adding loads
- managing the list of added loads
- editing project on visualization
- functions of the side panel
- my profile
- payments and adding users to PRO
Functionalities available only in the PRO version are marked with the icon.
If you want to use Goodloading, logging in is required. If you do not have an account, please register. The registration is necessary to create an individual user profile.
Registration and use of the basic version of the application are free of charge.
In order to register, click the Go button at goodloading.com. You will be redirected to the logon page. Click Register to start the registration process.
You can register to the application via Google, Facebook, TransID account or by providing an e-mail address. During the registration you will be asked if you are a forwarder, transport company or manufacturer.
In the case of registration by e-mail, you will receive a message with an activation link to your mailbox. When the link is confirmed, you can start working with the application.
Selection of loading space
- In the application select a loading space, that is, a vehicle, container or another type (e.g., pallet).
- Loading space can be selected from the list.
- If the list does not contain spaces you would like to work with, enter their dimensions manually. If you want the load to take axle load of the vehicle into account, complete all the required data.
- If you have more than one vehicle, you can distribute the loads to all of them at once. Just fill in the amount field.
- Select the set option if you want to work on a two-part vehicle.
- If you regularly use the space which is not present on the list, you can add it in the application by ticking the ,,Remember’’ option.
You can add more than one loading space to the application, just add more in the same way after the first space has been added.
To make sure Goodloading considers axle loads, you need to complete the data while adding the loading space. To calculate an axle load you need to provide:
- Distance from the from the front of the semi-trailer to the drive or front axle, axle load without weight and the maximum permissible load. For vehicles such as solo or bus, when entering the distance to the front axle, add the minus sign as the front axle in these vehicles is located in front of the semi-trailer.
- The same data is completed in the case of the rear axle or the centre of the trailer.
- Position of the axle can be changed on the picture of the truck by moving the slider.
- Load on each axle is visible on the visualization. If the goods do not load the axle, the axle symbol is blue, whereas the overloaded axle is marked with the red colour.
- The same can be found in the loading summary.
The algorithm which currently calculates the axle load has some limitations. It considers two pressure points, thus, axle loads will not work for loads longer than twice the distance from the 1st axle to the body (road tractor with semi-trailer) or twice the distance from the 2nd axle to the end of the semi-trailer (solo body).
Management of several semi-trailers
All the added loading spaces will immediately appear on the visualization and the list of added loads.
- Numbers from the first page of summary stand for the numbers of particular spaces, the same numbers can be found on the list of added loads. It’s enough to select subsequent numbers to move between the spaces.
- Summary of the whole project – this is data showing the number of selected spaces, loaded goods, how much is left outside; also the total weight, area and volume of all loads, as well as information on occupied and available LMSs.
- Summary of a vehicle which is currently displayed on the visualization – here you can find all the information about the selected space.
To add loads, click LOADING.
- Add load from the list
- or enter its dimensions manually.
- Automatic rotation is a functionality which allows Goodloading to rotate loads in such a way that they are arranged optimally. If your cargo must be loaded without rotation, disable this option with the slider.
- Choose the stack option if you know that the loads from a given group can be stacked on top of each other. You can limit the number of levels by entering their number in the number of levels field.
- If you regularly use the load which is not present on the list, you can add it in the application by ticking the ,,Remember’’ option.
- While adding loads you can choose the space on which they will be arranged. By default, the load is added to the space which is currently displayed. However, this setting can be changed to that the load is added to the first available space.
List of added loads
On the list of added loads there are additional functions which can be turned on/off with the slider.
- Keep order of adding loads – this function should be enabled if you want the loads on a vehicle to be arranged in the order according to the list of added loads.
- Include loading space – thanks to this function the application will not place loads on the semi-trailer if the total permissible weight of the vehicle is likely to be exceeded. It should be remembered that this function will work properly if the given vehicle has the maximum capacity added. It can be done manually while selecting the loading space or editing the semi-trailer on the list of added loads.
- On the below list there are added vehicles and loads. It is possible to edit them or move loads – just hold the given group with the left-mouse button and drag them to another place – on the same or a different space.
Editing project on visualization
Every load can be moved on the visualization manually! Remember that if you did not turn off the load stacking, it won’t be possible to stack another load on top of it.
- Click the right-mouse button on a load to edit it. Single loads can be stacked, rotated, moved or deleted.
- To rotate the project on the visualization, move the cube – the navigation tool – and click the left-mouse button at the same time.
- The eye icon changes the visualization view to the default one.
The visualization can be zoomed in and out with the mouse scroll-wheel. Move the visualization with the pressed left-mouse button to change the view.
- Project is a tab to manage your daily plans of loading.
– open new project – when one loading is completed, you can start designing another one without the need to delete loads and the loading space. After selecting a new project, decide whether the previous one should be saved or not.
– open – redirects to My account, where you can find the previously saved projects
– save – save your project on your user account
– import csv – the function will load the list of loads from an application, i.e., Excel. When the import CSV window is clicked, the instructions on how to upload loads correctly will appear.
- Share the link – this option generates a link which can be copied and sent to another person. This person will have access to the visualization. However, to edit the project, logging in will be required. Apart from viewing, it is also possible to download and print out the given project.
- Download PDF – the application generates a PDF, in which it is possible to add necessary remarks. The file contains screenshots of the loading project, loading information, as well as a list with successively added loads.
- Undo and Retry are option which allow to revoke or repeat steps in the applications.
- Arrangement of loads
– dragging – this functionality moves loads towards one another without a possibility of leaving empty space between them. The option can be enabled if you manually adjust loads to the loading space.
– initial arrangement – returns to the initial arrangement of loads
– delete all – option of removing all the loads added to the project
– show names – presents names of loads on the visualization. Enabling this option may slow down the application. Thus, if you work with a large number of loads, disable showing names by default and activate it only when needed.
- Units – cm/kg or in/lb
- In this tab you can edit your details such as first and last name, company name, role in the company and language. This tab is also used to edit invoice data. In order to do this, click the edit button which will allow for changing functionalities and display other ones, including account deletion or password reset.
- In the subscription tab you can learn about the version currently used:
– if you are using the free version, you can buy a subscription for the PRO version.
– if you bought the subscription, its validity date will appear in the tab. If you purchased any additional accesses for your co-workers, you can provide their e-mails here so that they can use the PRO version.
- My invoices is a tab where all the invoices issued to your company will be available.
- Under the loading space and loads tabs you can save and edit loads so that they appear on the list of a quick choice while designing loading.
- My projects is the place where all the saved projects are stored. You can view, download and delete them, change their name, and also add remarks thanks to which the most needed projects can be easily found.
Payments and adding users to PRO
Payments are made after logging into the application.
- Click one of PRO icons or go to the user account, My subscription tab
- In the price list there are subscription details. You can choose from annual, quarterly and monthly subscriptions as well as additional access for 5 or 10 users.
- Payments can be made only by adding a credit card. Paying with this method means that subscription will be renewed automatically. If you want to cancel your subscription, it has to be done at least 8 days before the current one expires. It is important to click the link received at the e-mail address, which will finally confirm the resignation.
If you purchased Goodloading PRO with additional access, you can add more users in the application. It is important that these people already have accounts created there. Then you can go the user account and the “My subscription” tab. After clicking on “Add user”, enter his/her name and e-mail address. The added person should be able to access the PRO version after refreshing the application.