How to plan the arrangement of pallets on a truck?
How many pallets fit on a truck or container? Check how to calculate how many pallets will fit on any loading space and how to plan their arrangement.
Euro pallets are one of the most popular packing used in logistics.They are used in transport and storage, and their purpose is to facilitate these processes and protect cargo. If you want to check how many pallets will fit on your vehicle or container, use the below tables:
|Loaded vehicle||Number of pallets|
|Van 1,5T 360x180x170||6|
|Van 5 EP 1.5 T 420x180x170||6|
|Van 8 EP 1.5 T 420x220x220||8|
|Van 1.5 T 490x220x230||10|
|Van 3.5 T 590x230x230||11|
|Solo truck 5 T 620x245x240||14|
|Solo truck 8 T 820x245x240||20|
|Solo truck 6 T 720x245x240||18|
|Standard semitrailer 1360x245x270||33-34|
|Mega semitrailer 1360x245x300||33-34|
|Loaded sea container||Number of pallets|
|Kontener 20ft 590x235x240||11|
|Kontener 40ft 1203x235x240||24-25|
1. All the dimensions are in cm.
2. We assumed that the size of the standard euro pallet is 120×80 cm.
3. We have assumed that the pallets are not stackable. Their stacking depends on the height of the goods that have been placed on the pallet. If you know that pallets can be stacked, calculate the double height of the pallet with the goods and check the maximum height of the loaded space.
4. The given number stands for the maximum number of pallets that will fit on vehicles and containers. If the product protrudes beyond the pallet, the number of pallets indicated may not fit in the cargo space.
5. The given dimensions of sea containers are internal dimensions.
If you also want to check how to arrange pallets on a truck or container, use our load planning application. How to do it? Enter the number of pallets and select the vehicle you want to load – Goodloading will suggest the most optimal arrangement of the load or recommend a semi-trailer on which your load will certainly fit.
If, in addition to pallets, you want to load goods in other packaging, add the cargo you are interested in to the loading list and choose the cargo space. Select the stacking option if you know that goods can stand on top of each other. The proposed arrangement of freight on the vehicle will appear on the visualization. If any goods do not fit in the space, the application will inform you on this.
Are you interested in optimising your loading? Contact us, we will be happy to tell you more about Goodloading.
In this article we have presented how many pallets will fit on a truck or container. If you are also wondering how to stack goods on the pallet, read our article.